This site explains what Aikido is and where the Lancashire Aikikai Clubs are located in North West of England. Beginners are welcome to join our classes in this elegant and powerful martial art.
Aikido is a Martial Art
In the Traditional form we study it is non-competitve and seeks to manage incoming attacks by blending with the attacker's force and then controlling it through circular movements.
Learn more; See Youtube
What are the benefits in training in Aikido
- Ideal for people to get fit
- Teaches you self defence skills
- Allows you to gain greater poise
- Gives you self confidence
- Allows you to approach life in a more positive manner
- Ideal for someone looking for something different