Class etiquette when on a seminar Mimuro Sensei
- Arrive early. be smart. Be ready.
- On a seminar do not fuss about being in correct grade order. Make the line as quickly and efficiently as you can.
- Also in a class or seminar you can take a drink of water if you need one at any time (except, of course during instruction). However, do not drink or eat on the mat.
- There is no need to ask Sensei’s permission to come onto (or leave) the mat. Just be discreet
- Mimuro Sensei bows to the kamiza : “Shomen ni rei” - this may be “shinzen ni rei” if there is a shrine and to the group “Otegai ni rei” (Otagai = others).
- He does not usually do a separate bow to dan grades.
- If there is a shrine in the room, the bow will be different and will involve hand claps that we should all join in.
- Sensei usually introduces his class with a few words about what he intends to do. Almost always he will say “Do not stop your opponent’s technique” and “Please be careful and enjoy”.
- Mimuro Sensei course
- Visit Details
- Course etiquette