Executive November 2013
Present Bob Spence – Chairman; Keith Downs -Treasurer; Andrew Baird -Secretary
1. Finance. Keith outlined the financial position – that he would be reporting to the AGM. He recommended increasing the scope of financial support to BAB Coaching courses CL1, CL2 and CL3 regarding travel mileage that could be claimed. Accepted.
2. Clubs, Permissions, Club Welfare Officers and their operation were discussed. Certain gaps identified as actions.
3. BAB Audit – we had recently undertaken answering a paper audit that showed some gaps that needed remedying and others we did not accept as needed. As an association we answered in general terms for clubs. Actions identified.
4. Discussions regarding future of BAB checking compliance – we felt inevitable consequence. The Aikikai and its clubs are bound to follow requirements, policy, best practise of the governing body. Executive considered existing Club checklist needs updating in light of the BAB audit and other recent requirements . For clubs to check their compliance with. Examples discussed were current Dojo risk assessments – up to date details of next of kin and health information.
5. Tax – Clubs and the Aikikai. Andrew was producing with Ian Cherry an advisory note.
6. Dates for course for 2014 were decided subject to bookings.
7. Publicity – Uptake of the Trifold leaflet (Flyer to attract newcomers pre-printed with one panel blank for clubs to add their details) now printed for club publicity has been poor. Ask Keith for supplies.
8. Aikikai database and laptop – updating our IT to be considered. Viewed now as getting old in IT terms of over 5 years old. Added.
9. The matter of who was a Aikikai member was considered by the Executive – the categories covered in “Lancashire Aikikai Membership & Insurance Application Procedure” v1.9e are members being those described as Temporary and Full. A one off taster session run for others would thus be covered as prospective students on their trial period.
Executive November 2014